Open the installer and run Insync.
Add Google Drive and login with the Google Drive account you want to use with Insync.
2. Enter your Google Drive account. You can close this login tab/window and go to the Insync app window to continue the installation process.
3. Set your local default sync folder (a.k.a. Insync folder). Insync will suggest a folder for you, but you can choose a different location by clicking
4. After choosing your Insync folder location, you have the option to sync your files by checking the boxes beside each file or just choose
Skip syncing for now.
NOTE: For Linux users using GNOME, make sure that you have installed
AppIndicator (download it here).
Syncing your Google Drive files
1. Click on your Google Drive account (headshot with Google Drive icon) on the top bar. Go to My Drive on the left-hand panel.
2. To sync multiple items, toggle the Selective Sync icon on the upper right-hand corner. Mark the boxes beside each file or folder you want to sync.
The blue badge indicates that sync is in progress, while green checks mean sync has been completed. More on Selective Sync here.
3. To sync all of the files inside your My Drive, click
Select all found above the first row of files, and click
How to activate your Insync license
Are you happy with Insync? Purchase your license here and enter the Google Drive account you want to sync with Insync.