Open the installer and run Insync.
1. It will prompt you to log in using your Google Account (log in with the Google Account you want to use with Insync).
2. You can close this login tab/window and go to the Insync app window to continue the installation process.
3. Insync will give you a couple of tips on how to use the app then you’ll be ready to sync your files!
4. Set your local default sync folder (a.k.a. Insync folder). Insync will suggest a folder for you, but you can choose a different location by clicking
5. After choosing your Insync folder location, you have the option to sync your files now or at a later time.
NOTE: For Linux users using GNOME, make sure that you have installed
AppIndicator (download it here).
Syncing your files
1. Click on your account (headshot icon) on the top bar. Go to My Drive on the left-hand panel (you can also do this for Shared with Me or Team Drives*).
2. Access commonly used features by hovering on your files and folders. Create new files, sync to custom location, and share files with a few clicks (more on 1.5 UI here).
3. To sync a single file or an entire folder in its default location, hover and click the
Sync to default location icon.
4. To sync multiple items, toggle the Selective Sync icon on the upper right-hand corner. Mark the boxes beside each file or folder you want to sync.
The blue badge indicates that sync is in progress, while green checks mean sync has been completed. More on Selective Sync here.
5. To sync all of the files inside your Drive, click
Select all found above the first row of files, and click
Apply. (Sync speed will depend on total file size as well as your internet connection.)
6. To sync a top-level folder to a separate location, click on
Sync to custom location. This is only applicable to top-level folders and all its contents.
7. If you want to automatically sync new items in partially synced folders, go to Folder Settings and enable
Sync new children of partial folders.
*Team Drives syncing is only available on the Teams plan.
How to activate your Insync license
Are you happy with Insync? Purchase your license here and enter the Google Account you want to sync with Insync.