Add Dropbox and login with the Dropbox account you want to use with Insync. If adding multiple Dropbox accounts, note that you’ll have to sign out of the browser first before adding the next account.
2. Enter your Dropbox account. You can close this login tab/window and go to the Insync app window to continue the installation process.
Insync will welcome you before proceeding. :)
3. Set your local default sync folder (Base Folder). Insync will suggest a folder for you, but you can choose a different location by clicking
4. After choosing your Base Folder location, select the files that you want to sync. Either click
Select all or tick the boxes beside the file or folder. You can also click
I’ll do this later.
Syncing your Dropbox files
1. Click on your Dropbox account (headshot with Dropbox icon) on the top bar. Go to All files on the left-hand panel.
2. To sync multiple items from the cloud to your local machine, toggle the Cloud Selective Sync icon on the upper right-hand corner. You may choose to do 1-way or 2-way sync. Mark the boxes beside each file or folder you want to sync.
3. To sync all of the files inside your drive, click
Select all found above the first row of files, and click
2-way sync (or
1-way sync if that’s what you chose). To automatically sync items created on Dropbox web, enable
2-way sync new children and
2-way sync new top-level cloud items.
4. The blue badge indicates that sync is in progress, while green checks mean sync has been completed. Insync badges are further explained here.
If you’d like to read more on our Cloud and Local Selective Sync as well as 1-way Sync, check out our guide here.