As you log in using your respective accounts, you will see the following screens:
Google Drive login
While we are a third-party application, we take your privacy seriously so we try to collect as minimal information as possible to make Insync the best possible experience.
Data we collect
These data are used to make sure that you are able to access the Insync app, your dashboard, our customer support and marketing communications.
- Google email & ID
- Microsoft email & ID
Data we don’t collect
We want to reiterate that the following data never pass through our servers.
- Your Google credentials
- Your Google Drive files
- Your Microsoft credentials
- Your OneDrive files
- Your financial information (credit card details)
How we use your data
We only collect data that is important in performing functions that improve our app and our service. Here are the functions wherein your data is used:
- Customer support
- Service & marketing communication
- Product improvement
Third parties who process your data
We have employed the services of third party apps to help us perform certain functions:
- Stripe and Paypal for processing payments
- Intercom and Drip for customer support and communications
- Digital Ocean for cloud infrastructure
- Google for analytics and cloud infrastructure
- Amazon Web Services for cloud infrastructure
- SurveyMonkey for customer feedback
When is data collected
Your data is collected to help us conduct our service better. Your data is collected during the following:
- Browsing website
- Logging into the app or dashboard
- When surveys are answered
- Contacting our support email
Logs are only available locally. We will only gain access to your logs if it is sent to us. We only ask for your logs to help us investigate and resolve bugs on your end, however, this is not mandatory. It will only contain data required for debugging as well as file and folder names.
Remember that as a user, you can exercise the following rights:
- See data collected on you
- Delete data collected on you
- Rectify data we have on you
- Opt-out of marketing communication
Email email@example.com to exercise any of these rights or for any other concerns.