Insync goes Multicloud
Add either Google Drive or OneDrive accounts by clicking the icon on the upper right-hand.
Sync multiple items with Cloud Selective Sync
We’ll use a OneDrive account for this section, but this UI also applies for your Google Drive accounts.
1. To sync multiple items from your cloud to local computer by toggling Cloud Selective Sync icon on the upper right-hand corner. Mark the boxes beside each file or folder you want to sync.
2. To sync all of the files inside your Drive, click
Select all and click
Sync local folders with Local Selective Sync
1. Sync local folders to the cloud with Local Selective Sync. Click the icon on the right side of the Insync app window.
2. A pop-up window will appear. Select the folder and Insync will prompt you to choose if you want to sync the folder directly under Files/My Drive or as a subfolder.
For this help guide, we’ll choose the latter. The file path beside your synced local folder indicates its location on your computer.
Sync individual files and folders quickly via the on-hover Shortcuts
1. To sync a single file or an entire folder to the Base Folder, hover and click
2. To open a synced file from your Base Folder, click
3. To open a synced file on the web, click
View on OneDrive Web (or Google Drive web if you’re using a Google account).
4. Unsync a file or folder by clicking the last icon on the on-hover Shortcuts.
We’ve improved our Progress section and moved it to an overlay accessible via the bottom bar. View which files are syncing by clicking the arrow. Collapse and exit the overlay section by clicking
You can also view all the files being synced using the scrollbar.
Changing your Base Folder location
Base Folders are your local sync folders assigned for Google Drive (My Drive, Shared with me, Team Drives) or OneDrive (Files, Shared, SharePoint). To change your Base Folder location, click on
Cloud Selective Sync.
A pop-up window will appear that allows you to select a new location for your Base Folder.
We’ve updated the Feed to contain two main tabs: Activity and Actions. For the current beta build, only Actions is available. The other sections will have an “under construction” sign.
The Cloud Browser can be accessed by clicking on your OneDrive or Google Drive account. This is where you can browser your Google Drive files (My Drive, Shared with me, Team Drives) and OneDrive files (Files, Shared, Sharepoint) and perform other actions like syncing.
View OneDrive or Google Drive files on the web by clicking
View on OneDrive Web or
View on Google Drive Web. Access synced files by clicking
Open Base Folder.
Hover on your Google or OneDrive Account profile picture and click on
Account Settings to see account-specific settings such as Ignore Rules, Docs Conversion (only for Google accounts), Stats (under construction), Base Folders (under construction), and License Information.