You can use the Add to Insync feature to add local files or network/external drive folders with just a few clicks.
Syncing external or metwork drives
1. Connect your external drive or network drive to the machine that has Insync installed. We will be using a thumb drive for this how-to.
2. Right-click on the folder you want to sync and you should see
Add to Insync as an option. Select which Google account you want to sync your file to.
3. It will create a symlink* in your Insync folder. This represents the file you chose to sync from your thumb drive (more on symlinks here). You can choose to move this symlink to another location inside your Insync folder.
4. When you disconnect your external drive, you will see a red badge on your tray icon.
5. Your Actions Required tab will show that “Syncing for [file path] is paused because it went missing”. This will be removed once you reconnect the thumb drive.
No need to do anything about the message on Actions Required; your syncing for your other files will continue as normal.
Syncing local files to Google Drive
Start syncing folders outside the Insync folder in one click!
Just right-click on any file or folder, select
Add to Insync and choose which Google Account you want your file to be synced.
*A symlink is a link to the actual location of the file, this should take little to no space.