- Rules apply only to new items (ignore rules aren't applied retroactively). Make sure the files you want are not synced prior to including it in the list.
- The Ignore List works for specific file types and not full folder paths.
- If you need to ignore a complete folder, you must input its exact folder name. For example, if you want C:\Users\Username\firstname.lastname@example.org\Test Folder ignored, then input test folder on the Ignore List.
- Ignoring symlinks is currently not supported.
1. Hover over your Google Account, then click
2. Click on
Ignore List. Use the drop-down menu beside the filename/extension, and choose between three rules to execute (as shown below).
Apply to confirm. To make sure that the changes have been applied, quit Insync (right-click the tray icon >
Quit) and restart the app.
If you're encountering any issues with the Ignore list, send a message via chat or email us at email@example.com.