- This feature will sync the file to Office format on your machine, but will sync back to Google Drive as Google format (i.e. the file will be .docx on your machine. When you access your drive.google.com, the same file will show as .gdoc)
- This feature requires the original file to be in Google formats (i.e. this feature can't be used to convert an original .docx file to a .gdoc)
How to set Insync to automatically convert Google Docs
1. Hover over your Google Account then go to
2. You will be able to see settings for other features. Click on
3. Choose if you want to convert your Google Doc files to Microsoft Office or OpenDocument
4. Click on
Apply to save the changes.
The following formats cannot be converted:
These are Insync formats we use to open GDoc files via the web browser.